Monday 7 November 2016

Funny excerpts from student writing

I'm keeping track of these from now on, for my own benefit and that of my teaching freinds, because sometimes you just need a laugh to get you through the marking :)


"These observations were then sketched out and labelled."

-- If you're not sure why this one's funny, do a Google search for "sketched out".


"There were no sperm seen ... due to possible immaturity, therefore I looked at someone else's sperm."

-- The part that I abbreviated does not change the implication. Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'lab partner'.

 "Within a population there will always be strong, intermediate, and weak individuals. If you are weak you will not find a mate (no one will want you) and you will not get food so you will die in what is called 'Natural Selection'."

-- Guess you'd better hit the gym then bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment